A father’s value is tremendous. That’s why it’s so important for us to help fathers realize the important contributions they can make.
Research shows that when fathers are involved, their children are:
- 2 times more likely to go to college
- 80% less likely to spend time in jail
- 75% less likely to experience teen pregnancy
When a dad isn’t there, it’s a different picture.
Children in father-absent homes account for:
- 71% of all high school dropouts
- 90% of homeless and runaway children
- 63% of youth suicides
Becoming an engaged dad has benefits for fathers, too:
- Engaged dads set goals and achieve greater success
- Healthy habits become more important
- Self-esteem increases as dads see their value